A full smile transformation!
Are Veneers Right for Me?
If you are looking to improve your smile and look of your teeth, Veneers may be an option to consider. Whether you are looking for a full smile makeover or if you have other dental concerns including gaps, damaged teeth or crooked teeth, Porcelain veneers are a permanent solution that can you in achieving a confident, beautiful and healthy smile.
Candidates for Veneers:
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Broken or previously bonded teeth
- Stained teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shell of porcelain which are custom designed and bonded to the front of teeth. Your dentist will remove a small amount of tooth enamel and take impressions to then create your custom smile.
How Do Veneers Work?
When you come in for veneers at Brookline Dental Associates, your dentist will need to remove a small amount of your teeth’s existing enamel. This will provide the surface where the veneers will be adhered to. Your Dentist will take impressions to then create your custom smile. At this visit, temporary veneers will be adhered to your teeth while your custom porcelain veneers are made at a lab. It typically takes 2-4 weeks for your permanent veneers to be ready. When you return to our office, your dentist will remove the temporary veneers and adhere your custom permanent veneers to reveal your new beautiful smile.
How Long to Veneers Last?
As stated above, veneers are considered a permanent solution. This is because some of your original teeth’s enamel has been removed in order to adhere the porcelain veneer. On average we see veneers lasting about 10 years with proper dental care. Technology continues to change and we continue to produce stronger and stronger veneers to last longer. Continual dental care including 2 cleanings per year us necessary to get the most out of your veneers and maintain a healthy smile. Veneers can be replaced as seen necessary of if damaged.
Pros and Cons of Veneers
- Treatment requires little oral anesthesia – you will be awake the entire time
- Little to no pain
- Procedure can be completed in one day and you will walk out with a new smile
- Teeth will look naturally flawless
- Veneers are as strong or even stronger than your natural teeth
- Maintenance is low – routine home care and cleanings as you would with your real teeth.
- Treatment is irreversible as some of enamal of your original teeth will be removed
- Veneers currently last around 10 years and replacement will be necessary over time
- Changes in color are not typical but can occur over time
Contact Us & Location