Full Pediatric Anesthesia in the Hospital
Another option for your child's dental health
Dr. Mary Ghattas, our pediatric dental specialist, has hospital privileges at Franciscan Hospital in Brighton. She can now perform dental procedures for young patients who need full anesthesia to complete their treatment. If your child needs extensive dental work, has special needs, or extreme dental anxiety we can help! For more information give us a call and we can help you determine if this is a good option for your child’s dental health care needs.
Our pediatric specialist will work with you to make a treatment plan that is right for you and your
child. As parents you can help your child have a more positive experience and can contribute to the
success of necessary dental procedures that can now be provided in a hospital setting. Here is an
overview of some general facts regarding pediatric anesthesia and dental treatment in the hospital.
About Anesthesia and Pediatric Dentistry
- A pediatric dentist will only recommend general anesthesia to perform dental treatments if it
- Your child will sleep through the procedure and have no memory of it.
- There are special rules for eating and drinking at home before the procedure when
anesthesia is to be used. Be sure you understand them and follow them carefully.
- Your child will have some restrictions after the procedure. Talk to the doctor about what to
- Plan on staying at the hospital for most of the day until the anesthesia has completely worn
off and it is safe for your child to go home.