Dental Office Safety
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment at our office! We have expanded our night and weekend hours to accommodate your schedule better and allow for appointments to be staggered throughout the hour. Ensuring the safety and protection of our patients and staff are our top priority in the practice. We appreciate your cooperation, and look forward to providing you the complete and convenient care you have come to expect in the safest way possible.
- We will reach out to you (48 hours prior to your appointment) with pre-screening health questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We will ask you to call us from outside when you arrive for your appointment so you can be received and directed by our dental assistance to your clinical chair. We can digitally
register you and update medical history including pre-screen questionnaires.
- You may fill out your pre-screen questionnaire online prior to your appointment. Pre-Screen Questionnaire
- We ask that you wear a mask or face covering of some kind to keep us safe. Our masks protect you, your mask will protect our team.
- We will take temperature of all staff and patients before they enter the office as a precaution.
- We have hand sanitizer that you will need to use when you enter the office. Sanitizer will be available in additional locations around office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will have very limited sitting available for parents and alike.
- Our bathroom is only available for washing your hands.
- We will be encouraging all patients to pay online or over the phone.
- Appointments will be staggered to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
Infection Control Methods and Precautions
While many things have changed for us, one thing remains the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection control protocols and systems are designed to provide dental care that is safe, efficient, and comfortable.
In our practice we follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We regularly monitor activities of these agencies and keep up-to-date on all new rulings or guidance that may be issued. The infection control procedures in our office are current and adhere to each of these safety recommendations.
- We have incorporated Covid-19 standard PPE into our clinical systems and protocols including N95 masks, face shields, gloves and gowns.
- We have always utilized state of the art medical grade sterilization equipment and protocols.
- One time use protocols and complete disinfection of treatment rooms between each patient are standard in our office.
We are grateful to have you as a patient in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to establishing a new normal in our practice. The CDC has recognized the infection controls methods in a dental office is safer than many of the places you might visit like a store, pharmacy, or restaurant for take-out pick up. If you have any questions or concerns please ask us in the office when you are here, or give us a call any time 617.738.0806!